Childcare centers should be a safe place for our children to be, but some cut corners that result in injuries to the children in their care. Injuries may be from negligent supervision or a failure to screen employees who then victimize the children in their care. We’ve successfully handled childcare center injury cases for over 25 years. If your child was injured in the care of another, chances are we can help.
Most daycare centers require parents to sign a release waiver of liability. While containing various types of releases and waivers, most contain terminology providing emergency medical treatment.
A daycare center should do everything within reason to protect children in their care from body injury. “Within reason” can have different meanings depending on circumstances. You must show the following if taking further action:
- The daycare center had a duty of care to protect your child from undue harm.
- The daycare center breached its duty of care
- The breach was the direct and immediate cause of your child’s injuries
- The injury must have been foreseeable by daycare staff
- Proof of the child’s damages
There are many potential twists and turns in child care cases. Don’t take any chances with your child’s recovery. Call us for a free consultation.
I always felt like our case was a top priority. Ms. Perkins and her staff were always respectful, concerned, courteous, and helpful.